Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jun 4th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, May 9th 2016, 5:47am

I'm not sure about the repair torch and the anti-tank weapon being in two separate classes. If BF4 taught me anything it's that blueberries do not care if you or the vehicle you're in is low on health. Lets say I lose my tank fight and I jump out of my tank. Now what? I'll be like an engineer with a repair torch and my dick hanging out while a tank is looking at me. Oh, pardon me... you just stay right there and play nice while I slowly repair torch you to death...

Also, my favorite CoD game is still Call of Duty 2 (2005), and I absolutely loved the bolt-action iron sights. If BF1 is going to have similar sights, then I'll be very happy.

Check out these old but good clips from competitive CoD when it was good....

Call of Duty 2 - Bolt-Action Rifle Gameplay Kar98k - YouTube

Team Pandemic Clip: "Week 8" (CALL OF DUTY 2 MOVIE) - YouTube

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, May 9th 2016, 6:24am

@Enzo_Guy
I wouldn't count carbines out. The idea of a shorter, lighter rifle has been around since the late 18th century, and were generally used by cavalry. I wouldn't be surprised if carbines are in BF1; just not as we see them today.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, May 9th 2016, 6:27am

inb4 everyone switches from Assault to Medic and people complain about only ever seeing Medics.
That's not going to happen and you know it. Typical AEK/ACE23 heroes are going to struggle with using BF1's semi-auto guns to the same effect. They will have to choose between having the best frontline weapons weapons OR best survivability + team support. They will no longer have the best of both worlds.

All I can say is...about fucking time.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, May 9th 2016, 7:13am

The big question on my mind since first hearing of a potential WW1 setting has been how the portable machineguns would balanced against the other classes. An LMG is going to offer overwhelming firepower against virtually anything else of that era outside of CQB or long range situations, essentially they would be like assault rifles in BF4 but without much else that could effectively stand up to them in a firefight.
You're getting worried over nothing. Balancing LMG's (or really anything) should be piss-easy considering the sheer number of variables DICE have at their disposal. 4 different spread values, 3 recoil values, muzzle velocity, damage models...endless room for balancing. And those are just things from BF3/BF4! Other variables could exist in BF1.

Hell, AFAIK machine guns in WW1 were completely impractical to fire without being mounted/anchored. If DICE wanted to be authentic they could make it impossible to sprint while holding an LMG and/or make it painfully slow to transition from hipfire to ADS. That would immediately make them terrible for run'n'gun.

They could do literally ANYTHING to balance any gun, the room is endless.

DICE have literally no excuse to have bad balance after the last 4 years of lessons learned during BF3/BF4.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, May 9th 2016, 7:13am

I don't know about that man.

How do we know that any of the information here is true?

And what if the semiauto weapon was 2 shot kill? Like an M417 from BF3? With that fire rate? Hmmmmm.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, May 9th 2016, 7:23am

I don't know about that man.

How do we know that any of the information here is true?

And what if the semiauto weapon was 2 shot kill? Like an M417 from BF3? With that fire rate? Hmmmmm.
Well just the thought of that is enough to make me squeal with glee. Something like M417 still took much more work to be effective with than M16A3, especially with the amount of suppression flying around (goddammit you reminded me of BF3 suppression again, hope you're happy).

A game with powerful semi-auto guns and no M16/M416/AEK/ACE? Now we're talking.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, May 9th 2016, 7:25am

And suddenly, it Medkit + M417 doesn't seem too weak anymore
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, May 9th 2016, 8:57am

so either a low caliber lever action rifle or a stock-using mauser or similar i guess.
what was thedicsussion anyway? source?

C96 with a stock, yes. By the way the calibre used for the stock version was the largest until the development of the .357 magnum. So it does pack quite a punch. It seems appropriate. However I just read up on the german A7V tank and it had one pistol for each crewman as well as six rifles and a LMG.

• "Jais" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, May 9th 2016, 9:55am

I'm not concerned about LMGs being overpowered. The WW1 LMGs were slow-firing hunks of metal, most of them topping out around 500 RPM. That's slower than the U-100 in BF4, and that's not even going into how (in)accurate those weapons are going to be. If semi-automatics work like the SKS, they would already have a faster time to kill than 500 RPM LMGs at most ranges.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, May 9th 2016, 10:37am

I just wonder where the protype ars will end up in here, if medic class, support, or all-kit.(like the f.a.r)
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3